RSS

Sunday, March 28, 2010

First post!

Welcome! This is my first post! And for my first post, I decided to do a review on a few of the items that have been long finished. I thought that I should do a review on all my old products first before I move on to the newer ones.


Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

So, as many of you know, this is one of Skinfood's best selling items, a black sugar scrub. When I first heard about Skinfood, I wanted to try THIS product first, since so many people raved about it. But I think I just wanted to try products from Skinfood itself, since the concept of food in your products was appealing to me at the time, and my face would be getting all the nutrients from the products as well.
So I got the mask, with high expectations and not sure what I was going to get out of it.


The first time I tried it... I didn't like it AT ALL. It was harsh and it felt almost worse than the St.Ives apricot scrub. But luckily I realized when I rinsed it off, the sugar particles in the mask began to melt. And then I realized that the mask was better off used on a wetter face than a dry one. The next time I used it, I quite liked it better. The sugar melted as I exfoliated (as gently as possible) my face. And after leaving it on for a while, I rinsed if off, and it really did give me softer skin, and got rid of some of my blackheads. I would show you how it works but all that's left is an empty jar.



Kiss Me Heroine Mascara - Volume & Curl Mascara

I wanted to try a japanese mascara, but the price of the Majolica Majorca mascara was raised by 300% here, and I was not able to shop online (not that I am able to now), so I just decided to get the Kiss Me Heroine mascara, which alot of people reviewed on. Apparently the anime character on the box is supposed to be this character named "Georgie" but I really have no idea what show that would be. The mascara itself is supposed to either give your longer lashes or more volume while keep your curl up. The brush itself looks pretty standard and usual.

I actually REALLY liked this mascara. The first few times I used it, I didnt notice it giving me much "volume" in my eyelashes, but later, Im not really sure why, but It began to REALLY give my eyelashes volume and some length. It was really nice. For a fiber mascara I didnt seem to mind it much, there was only one problem though. It is the most difficult thing to wash off. I had to put 2-3 layers of laneige cleansing oil on my lashes before it was completely gone. The mascara is supposed to be waterproof, but it was so hard to get off compared to other waterproof mascaras. I would show you how it looks on me, but it expired a few months ago, and to be on the safe side, I decided not to use it lol. This chemical scent in it is really really strong now, so I wouldn't use it anyways.




Laneige Trial Kit

I bought this I think last year or so. I found out about Laneige from Song Hye Gyo's commercials, not from any reviews or user videos or anything. The fact that it was a water/snow type product really really made me fall for it. (I LOVE water/snow concepts) Like they say, try before you buy. So I got this set (luckily they had it) but it was the older stuff, not the EX stuff. So I got the refiner light, balancing emulsion 2, Waterbank essence, Waterbank cream, and jelly wash-up foam (I have no idea if they still have this anymore), and 2 Waterbank masks! It came with the really nice blue/white makeup bag and a small sample of iope suncream.

Since it wasn't the EX versions, the scent was slightly different. It was the usual Laneige scent, but at least 10x stronger. Most people prefer unscented over scented, but I love anything that smells good, even if it's a bit strong (I know its not good, but I can't help it). I used these products during the summer when my skin was super oily and gross... The trial kit I got was meant for combination to oily skin. And I can't say I didn't like it or that I did like it. The jelly wash-up foam had a lemony-dish washing soap like smell, at first I didnt like it, since I'm not too fond of lemons, but after a while, it really grew on me, and I really love that smell now. The product itself was quite nice, unlike Japanese cleansers, which I find too harsh and drying, this was really gentle and nice on my face, and It foamed up alright, it isn't a dense foam, but it did it's job. The refiner (a toner), emulsion, essence, and cream lasted me for 3-4 months! And theyre not even close to full size. But then again, I was being cheap, so i used MUCH less than I was supposed to use. Due to it being the summer time, my skin had a harder time absorbing the moisturizer since it was so hot and my skin was already sweating. So my face ended up being super shiny every morning. My mom even once said to me "what did you do to your face?! It's all oily!". The stuff itself didn't really make a BIG difference in my face, but it was better off than before I guess. But sometimes, when I woke up, my face wouldn't be oily at all, as if the moisturizers kept my face moisturized the whole night. The advertisements did say the essence was supposed to keep your face moisturized for 8-9 hours. I was pretty satisfied with the purchase, but I moved on to buy the hydra solution range for winter.

I think that's all I'll write for this post! Till next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment