RSS

Sunday, March 28, 2010

LG ~ the cosmetic line

LG?! Yes THE LG, the phone manufacturer, the TV manufacturer. Yes, that LG, which apparently makes cleansers and shampoos, which I never knew of. If you've heard of Elastine, the shampoo, then you should know that LG does make it.

Elastine Commercial with Jeon Ji Hyun


So when I saw some LG items at my supermarket, I couldn't help but want to buy some, so I did end up buying some items. (They're all gone now too)

LG SAY Apricot Scrub


This has to be one of my favourite facial cleanser/scrub I've ever used. It's pretty much like the St. Ives apricot scrub, except wayyyy more gentle, more pleasant smelling, and actually works very well as a cleanser. It foams up pretty well, and it gently exfoliates your face. My whole family loved it. It gave my face a pretty slippery feel though, but it washed off pretty well and gave me a REALLY soft face. However, I probably wont repurchase, and I'll explain why later.


LG SAY Red Vinegar Foam


The first time I saw this item, the thing that caught my eye was the actress on it, Han Ji Hye. I've liked her for a long time, so the presence of her on the box really lured me into buying it, but then again, the bottle is pretty cute. (LG probably uses celebrities to lure people to buy products, but it works.) But anyways, the box came with the pump bottle 180mL and a refill of 80mL. It's pretty nice, I think all of LG's products are HEAVILY fragranced. So if you don't like fragrant things, you definitely wont like these items. The vinegar foam is supposed to exfoliate my skin while clearing my skin flakes... I guess it does its job. It's a bit drying, but thats because it's a acid based cleanser and it's supposed to be drying, so it's best for oilier skin types. Then again, I won't repurchase, and I'll say why later.

LG Double Rich - Black Recipe


So this is a shampoo and conditioner set that claims to help damaged hair, give shine, and blackness to hair. Pretty much the same as the Lux shampoo, but did it work? Once again, it contains a strong scent, much more strong than the Japanese shampoos and somewhat sweet smelling. The shampoo and conditioner smells the same, unlike the Lux, and the shampoo is a gray gel with lots of sparkles in it. I guess I mean that the sparkles are alot larger than the ones in the Lux, which seem more fine. After shampooing, there wasn't any shine at all T_T. The black effect wasn't really noticeable, and all there was to it, was a nice smell. (I don't think it helps damaged hair very much at all!). I dont mean to say it's a bad shampoo or anything, it just is like a regular shampoo, nothing really special except the sparkles lol.

Now my major rant about these items. It's the packaging. Ok, I absolutely LOVE how the products look, so what could possibly be wrong with the packaging? The BACK SIDE. Now I never really got a chance to take pictures of the back, but I can tell you, it's the reason I wont buy it again. I'm VERY picky with my products when it comes to packaging and durability. The durability of the packing ruins it for me in a way. All of these items are meant to be in the washroom, and probably get wet some time or another. Sadly there's a terribly horrible paper sticker on the back of the products, which lists the ingredients, the usage, and what the product does, so I thought it's pretty useful. But knowing that paper will dissolve in water, I tried to take off the paper sticker. to my surprise it was STUCK to a STUBBORN, STICKY, UGLY tin foil thing on the back of the product. So pretty much the paper was double sided, with the other side containing this ANNOYING tin foil thing that would NOT get off the product. Though I managed to rip it off on the vinegar cleanser, but it ripped off the bottle's own design! so the bottle became ruined :( As for the shampoo and apricot scrub, the foil was half stuck and half off, so it looked TERRIBLY horrid as there was one big piece of foil and tiny bits stuck everywhere. The product I still loved, but the packaging was just terrible. I really wish LG didn't have to do that, since I'm quite picky. Lol sorry for the long rant hahaha. So that's all the LG items I got. I'd still recommend them if you want to try!

0 comments:

Post a Comment